For serious hikers, walking in Tenerife has many unique and exciting challenges. One moment you are enjoying the fresh air of a scented pine forest and the next you are staring open-mouthed at panoramic coastal scenes.
Over the years, Tenerife has become a magnet for walkers and active holiday makers looking for good weather and rewarding hikes. The island has many wonderful surprises for tourists willing to leave the beach resorts and explore the open countryside.
We sent Rodrigo, one of our senior sales team members and a hiking enthusiast, to explore what walking in Tenerife on some of the top trails had to offer.
Walking in Tenerife: An unmissable adventure
Overall my experience of walking in Tenerife was amazing and I would highly recommend this island to all enthusiastic hikers.
So my advice is to forget the beach resorts! Here are my top 5 things not to miss when booking your next walking holiday in Tenerife:
- The Landscape: Walking in Tenerife is such a pleasure because the landscape is so varied due to the many unique microclimates. One moment you can have sandy desert and the next you are in dense pine forests. Tenerife is one of the most unique and varied landscapes in the world and definitely worth the hike.
- The trip is completely customisable and can be tailored to be more or less intense – the team at canariaways.com can cater for all abilities and interests!
- The Teide – the volcanic mountain is a thing of beauty. The cable cars go all the way up to the top and a good tip is to book a cable car online. Stargazing from the top of the Teide is also an option if staying in the Parador.
- The food – my favourite dish was the cod, so fresh and delicious, I would highly recommend it.
- On your final days in Tenerife, there are a lot of activities, such as scuba diving, jet-skiing and whale watching to do so you’ll never be bored. It’s a great holiday overall and caters very well for all types of interests and abilities.
Walking holiday packages for walking in Tenerife
At Canariaways.com, we have many walking holiday packages for walking in Tenerife this year.
Our tried and tested routes offer a variety of stunning landscapes. As well as 7-Night breaks we also offer 4-Night breaks so you can enjoy a long weekend in Tenerife and go back to work refreshed!
Quality hotels, transfers and 24 hour support mean once you arrive on Tenerife, you can relax and enjoy the hikes.
Some of Rodrigo’s favourite packages for walking in Tenerife are:
The Volcanic Landscapes of Tenerife: A 7-night stay which takes in pine forests, beaches, a volcano and an epic Atlantic coastline, all in one adventure. This package starts at €1040 Per Person Sharing, including accommodation and transfers.
For a shorter walking holiday, the Teide Walking Short Break allows the hiker to experience three distinct areas of Tenerife including volcanic landscape, while also giving you the choice to experience the lively holiday resort towns. This could be the perfect antidote to an Irish winter! Prices start at €570 Per Person Sharing including accommodation and transfers.
Right now we have a 10% Off Special Offer for Booking A Canary Islands Walking Holiday in September.
If you have any questions about walking in Tenerife, we’d love to share our expertise with you: